Volkswagen DAB / DAB + Integration Audi VW Skoda Seat RNS510 RCD510 DAB + Plug & Play
DAB / DAB + Integration Audi VW Skoda Seat RNS510 RCD510 DAB + Plug & Play
- The Car Gadgets DAB + interface is fully integrated into the vehicle so that all the available information is displayed on your radio system as MDI or AMI
- Operation is via the original DAB user interface of the MDI or AMI
- Automatic switchingof DAB <->FM
- Switching only takes place if the corresponding transmitter can be received via FM band and no DAB signal is available
- DAB text support, not on every radio
- DAB and DAB + codec , ie older DAB stations are received
DAB for clear and noise-free radio reception
- Unlike analogue FM broadcasting, DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) is a new method for digitally transmitting radio signals over a network of terrestrial radio transmitters. It offers the listener more choices and information in clear sound quality without any noise. With DAB digital channels, you no longer have to remember a frequency.
What sets DAB + apart from DAB?
- DAB + is a further development of the DAB standard, so it takes over all the functions of DAB, but offers additional advantages. The technical difference lies in the audio coding used, ie the two standards use different methods for preparing the data before and after the transmission. While DAB works with MPEG-1 Layer-2, DAB + uses MPEG-4 HE-AAC v2, currently the most efficient audio compression in the world.
suitable for the following vehicles with system:
NS 310/315: Amarok, Beetle, Caddy, Caravelle, CC, Golf, Eos, Jetta, Multivan, Passat, Passat CC, Polo, Scirocco III, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Transporter
- RNS 510: Amarok, Beetle, Caddy, Caravelle, CC, Golf, Eos, Jetta, Multivan, Passat, Passat CC, Polo, Scirocco III, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Transporter
- RCD 510: Amarok, Beetle, Caddy, Caravelle, CC, Golf, Eos, Jetta, Multivan, Passat, Passat CC, Polo, Scirocco III, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Transporter
- RCD 310/315: California, Caravelle, Golf, Touran, Eos, Jetta, Multivan, Passat, Polo, Scirocco III, Tiguan, Touran, Transporter
Compatible with SKODA:
? COLUMBUS: Superb, Octavia, Yeti
? AMUNDSEN: Superb, Octavia, Octavia Tour, Yeti, Fabia, Roomster, Rapid
? BOLERO: Superb, Octavia, Yeti
? SWING: Superb, Octavia, Octavia Tour, Yeti, Fabia, Roomster, Rapid
Compatible with SEAT:
RNA 310/315: Alhambra
RNA 510: Alhambra
Compatible with AUDI:
AUDI SYMPHONY III: A4, A5, Q5
AUDI CONCERT III: A4, A5, Q5
- Car Gadgets Interface DAB +
- DAB, DAB + antenna
- The vehicle-mounted DAB antenna can also be used for DAB +.
- If original MDI connected, must be disconnected from the power. MDI may no longer be connected.
- There is no automatic station search, this must be started manually via the MMI
- A new manual station search is only necessary for regional ensembles if the location of the vehicle changes and the regional ensembles change.
- For supraregional ensembles, no new station search is necessary